Learn How to Put Your Baby to Sleep Safely
If you just had a baby, are expecting, or are taking care of a young infant, it's important to create a safe sleep environment for your baby. Because babies spend much of their time sleeping, the nursery should be the safest room in the house. Take a few moments to learn about safe sleep.
Additional Safe Sleep Resources
The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development has a comprehensive Question and Answer page about how you can make sure your child is sleeping safely. Learn more about creating a safe sleep environment for your baby.
For more information please visit the Safe to Sleep® public education campaign led by The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and in collaboration with other organizations.
Safety Tips, Recalls and Warnings
- CPSC Urges Parents/Caregivers to Use Products that Are Safe for Sleep; Check Baby’s Sleep Space for Suffocation Hazards; Most Nursery Product-Related Infant Deaths Can Be Prevented
- Fisher-Price Reannounces Recall of 4.7 Million Rock ‘n Play Sleepers; At Least Eight Deaths Occurred After Recall
- Kids2 Reannounces Recall of 694,000 Rocking Sleepers; Four Additional Deaths After Recall
- Target Recalls Children’s Pillowfort Weighted Blankets Due to Asphyxiation Hazard; Two Fatalities Reported
- CPSC and Baby Trend Warn Consumers About Entrapment Hazard with the Detachable Canopy on Baby Trend Sit N’ Stand Strollers; One Death Reported