About the Office of the Secretary:
The Office of the Secretary facilitates the Commission’s decision making process by performing a variety of functions which include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide official service functions (“Clerk of the Court”) by serving and receiving official filings, petitions, consent agreements, orders and continuing guarantees.
- Support the Chairman and Commission with agenda and meeting planning activities relative to the Commission’s regulatory and enforcement matters.
- Perform records and reference functions by maintaining all Commission official records, including Commission actions and deliberations that occur at Commission meetings or through the voting process and adjudicatory dockets.
- Respond to inquiries from the public and involved parties concerning pending proceedings and requests for interpretations of Commission orders, rules, regulations, decisions and certification for Commission records.
- Publication of the weekly public calendar featuring Commission activities and meetings.
- Liaison between the Commission and the Office of the Federal Register (OFR) by forwarding signed Commission notices to the OFR for publication.
- Manage the Agency’s Directives System.
Other Available Information
Alberta E. Mills
Secretary of the Commission
Abioye Ella Mosheim
Assistant General Counsel and Chief FOIA Officer
Office of the General Counsel
Division of the Secretariat
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
For General Information, call CPSC toll free hotline number 1-800-638-7227