Siemens at (800) 516-9964 from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or online at www.usa.siemens.com/buildingtechnologies and click on "Product Safety Recall" for more information.
This recall involves the SBGA-34 audible base that is affixed to ceiling-mounted smoke detectors in order to sound an alarm when the fire alarm system is activated. The audible base has part number S54370-F13 and date codes 0113 through 2314 in a WWYY format printed on a white label on the back of the unit part affixed to the wall. "MODEL SBGA-34" is printed on a blue label also affixed to the back of the device. The base is off-white and measures about 6 inches in diameter. The audible base is used with the following fire detectors:
- Cerberus PRO models (HI921, OOHC941, OOH941, OH921, OP921)
- Desigo Fire Safety models (FDOOTC441, FDOOT441, FDO421, FDOT421, FDT421)
- H-Series (HFP-11, HFPT-11, HFPO-11)
- Faraday 87XX-Series, models (8713, 8712, 8710)
The audible base and fire detectors are used with the following alarm systems:
- Siemens model FireFinder® XLS via DLC 6312 Device Loop Card
- Siemens model FS -250
- Desigo model FC2005, (50-point panel)
- Desigo model FC2025, (252-point system)
- Desigo model FC2050, (504-point system)
- Cerberus PRO FC901, (50-point panel
- Cerberus PRO FC922, (252-point system)
- Cerberus PRO FC924, (504-point system)
- Faraday models MPC-600 & MPC-7000
Consumers should immediately contact Siemens to schedule a free inspection and replacement of the recalled audible base.
Siemens sales offices, authorized distributors and installers nationwide from February 2013 through June 2014 for about $120.
Siemens, of Buffalo, Ill.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of thousands of types of consumer products. Deaths, injuries, and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $1 trillion annually. CPSC’s work to ensure the safety of consumer products has contributed to a decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 40 years.
Federal law bars any person from selling products subject to a publicly announced voluntary recall by a manufacturer or a mandatory recall ordered by the Commission.
For lifesaving information:
Please use the below phone number for all media requests.
Phone: (301) 504-7908
Spanish: (301) 504-7800