Whether your kids are working on a puzzle, playing with building blocks or inventing their own games, here are a few tips to keep them safe.
- Follow age guidance and other safety information on toy packaging and choose toys that match each child’s interest and abilities.
- Get safety gear, including helmets, for scooters and other riding toys-and make sure that children use them all the time.
- Keep small balls and toys with small parts away from children younger than age 3 and keep deflated balloons away from children younger than age 8.
- Once gifts are open, discard immediately plastic wrappings and other packaging on toys before they become dangerous playthings.
- Toys must have age labels if the toy is a choking hazard for children under 3-years-old.
If you have an issue with any toy, report it to CPSC on SaferProducts.gov.