ATVs are not toys! They are powerful and potentially dangerous vehicles. Learn the hazards and how to be safe.
This CPSC PSA urges riders to keep ATVs off roads. Read the full news release for more information.
This infographic shows the reported number of ATV-related deaths by year, the top 10 states where people die on ATVs and other death and injury statistics. It also gives tips for safe riding.
See how many ATV-related deaths have occurred in your state. Follow and share these rules of the trail to make safety a part of the plan for every ride and help reduce ATV-related deaths and injuries where you live:
- Do not drive ATVs on paved roads.
- Do not allow a child under 16 to drive or ride an adult ATV.
- Do not drive ATVs with a passenger or ride as a passenger.
- Always wear a helmet and other protective gear such as eye protection, boots, gloves, long pants and a long-sleeved shirt.
- Take a hands-on safety training course.