Note: Simplicity no longer conducts day-to-day operations.This recall has been updated to include additional retailers.
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sept. 11, 2008
CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
WASHINGTON, D.C. - - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is aware that some bassinets in the Simplicity recall announced August 28, 2008 include the Graco logo and "Winnie the Pooh" motif licensed by Disney Consumer Products. Consumers are urged to check their bassinets to ensure they are not using one of the recalled Simplicity models, including those with the Graco logo or "Winnie the Pooh" motif.
The Simplicity bassinets with the Graco logo were sold between 2001 and 2004. The Simplicity bassinets with the "Winnie the Pooh" motif were sold between 2002 and 2008.
The following retailers have voluntarily agreed to recall the product and provide a refund or store credit to consumers who return the product to the store where purchased:
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Bentonville, Ark.
- Toys "R" Us Inc., Wayne, N.J.
- Kmart Corp., Hoffman Estates, Ill.
- Big Lots!, Columbus, Ohio
- Target, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.C. Penney, Plano, Texas
- AAFES, Dallas, Texas
- Amazon.com, LLC Seattle, WA
- Bed Bath & Beyond, Union, NJ
- Burlington Coat Factory, Burlington, NC
- Buy Buy Baby Garden City, NY
- Chelsea&Scott LTD (One Step Ahead),
- CSN Stores of Boston, MA
- Fingerhut Direct Marketing, Eden Prairie, MN
- Frogs and Lily Pads, St. Johnsbury, VT
- Kohl's Department Stores, Menomonee Falls, WI
- ShopKo Stores, Inc., Green Bay, WI
- Sweet Pea Décor, North Beach, MD
- USA Baby #47, Overland Park, KS
- USA Baby #58, Brookfield, WI
- USA Baby #136, Berlin, CT
- USA Baby #141, Waipahu, HI
- USA Baby #142, Virginia Beach, VA
- USA Baby #147, Clovis, CA
-Value City Department Stores, Columbus, OH
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of thousands of types of consumer products. Deaths, injuries, and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $1 trillion annually. CPSC’s work to ensure the safety of consumer products has contributed to a decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 40 years.
Federal law bars any person from selling products subject to a publicly announced voluntary recall by a manufacturer or a mandatory recall ordered by the Commission.
For lifesaving information:
Please use the below phone number for all media requests.
Phone: (301) 504-7908
Spanish: (301) 504-7800