The pull cords are joined by a non-breakaway cord connector, which poses a strangulation hazard for small children.
Levolor at 800-752-9677 from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, email at email@example.com or online at www.Levolor.com and click on Custom Cellular Recall at the bottom of the page for more information.
This recall involves the Levolor Two-Corded Custom Cellular window shades. The shades were sold in the following styles:
- Bottom up single cell products (60 inches or less in width)
- Bottom up double cell products (44 inches or less in width)
- Top-Down/Bottom-Up or Day/Night corded products (42 inches or less in width)
- Various custom cellular configurations of specialty shapes
The Levolor logo is printed on a sticker on the bottom rail. Manufacturing information, including the date of manufacture, is printed on a sticker on the head rail. Only units manufactured between 12/15/2018 and 04/30/2019 are included in the recall.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled shades and contact Levolor for a free repair kit. Levolor is contacting purchasers directly.
Levolor Inc., of Atlanta, Ga.
Note: Individual Commissioners may have statements related to this topic. Please visit www.cpsc.gov/commissioners to search for statements related to this or other topics.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risk of injury or death associated with the use of thousands of types of consumer products. Deaths, injuries, and property damage from consumer product-related incidents cost the nation more than $1 trillion annually. CPSC's work to ensure the safety of consumer products has contributed to a decline in the rate of injuries associated with consumer products over the past 50 years.
Federal law prohibits any person from selling products subject to a Commission ordered recall or a voluntary recall undertaken in consultation with the CPSC.
- Visit CPSC.gov.
- Sign up to receive our e-mail alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram @USCPSC and Twitter @USCPSC.
- Report a dangerous product or product-related injury on www.SaferProducts.gov.
- Call CPSC’s Hotline at 800-638-2772 (TTY 301-595-7054).
- Contact a media specialist.