Disclaimer: The following is a fictitious example of a GCC for packaging of aspirin. Any resemblance or similarity to actual persons or other real-life entities is purely coincidental.
We boxed in gray editorial information or other notes; these should not be considered part of an actual GCC. Download a PDF version of this example here.
General Certificate of Conformity
- Identification of the product covered by this certificate
123 Pain-be-Gon Aspirin
Dosage: 81 mg, 325 mg, 500 mg
Counts: 100, 300, 500
- Citation to each CPSC product safety rule to which this product is being certified
16 CFR part 1700 – Poison Prevention PackagingSafety rules that reference the special packaging requirements under 16 CFR part 1700 but are not a substance listed under 16 CFR § 1700.14(a) should not use this reference, rather they should use the legal citation for the safety rule. For example, the citation for liquid nicotine packaging is 15 USC § 1472a.
- Identification of the domestic manufacturer or importer certifying compliance of the product 123 Pain-be-Gon
999 Industry Ln, Suite A
Los Angeles, CA 90011
- Contact information for the individual maintaining records of test results John Smith, Compliance Manager
Empty Bottle Suppliers, Co.
1 Bottle Street
Bethesda, MD 20814
(555) 555-5555 x55Contact information from an empty package supplier is acceptable as long as the responsible party (domestic manufacturer or importer identified in section 3) can provide underlying test reports to CPSC.
- Date and place of manufacture
September 2021 to Present
Los Angeles, CA, USAGeneral-use products are not subject to periodic testing requirements as long as the testing unit continues to adequately represent the product being manufactured and sold. Also note that this information is for the finished product, not the empty packaging.
- Date(s) and place(s) of testing
Flushing, NY, USA, and surrounding area
- Identification of any laboratory who conducted the testing
Packaging Testers, Inc.
111 Package Dr, Suite 100
Flushing, NY 11354
(999) 999-9999 x9999