Siemens at (800) 516-9964 from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or online at www.usa.siemens.com/buildingtechnologies and click on "Product Safety Recall" for more information.
This recall involves the SBGA-34 audible base that is affixed to ceiling-mounted smoke detectors in order to sound an alarm when the fire alarm system is activated. The audible base has part number S54370-F13 and date codes 0113 through 2314 in a WWYY format printed on a white label on the back of the unit part affixed to the wall. "MODEL SBGA-34" is printed on a blue label also affixed to the back of the device. The base is off-white and measures about 6 inches in diameter. The audible base is used with the following fire detectors:
- Cerberus PRO models (HI921, OOHC941, OOH941, OH921, OP921)
- Desigo Fire Safety models (FDOOTC441, FDOOT441, FDO421, FDOT421, FDT421)
- H-Series (HFP-11, HFPT-11, HFPO-11)
- Faraday 87XX-Series, models (8713, 8712, 8710)
The audible base and fire detectors are used with the following alarm systems:
- Siemens model FireFinder® XLS via DLC 6312 Device Loop Card
- Siemens model FS -250
- Desigo model FC2005, (50-point panel)
- Desigo model FC2025, (252-point system)
- Desigo model FC2050, (504-point system)
- Cerberus PRO FC901, (50-point panel
- Cerberus PRO FC922, (252-point system)
- Cerberus PRO FC924, (504-point system)
- Faraday models MPC-600 & MPC-7000
Consumers should immediately contact Siemens to schedule a free inspection and replacement of the recalled audible base.
Siemens sales offices, authorized distributors and installers nationwide from February 2013 through June 2014 for about $120.
Siemens, of Buffalo, Ill.