There are more than 700 deaths and 100,000 injuries each year involving ATVs, according to CPSC’s most recent data. Many of these were preventable. This toolkit from CPSC offers critical safety tips and resources to help riders plan safety into every ride.
Help riders in your community understand the hazards associated with ATVs and learn ways to prevent themselves from becoming victims.
By following these guidelines hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries related to ATVs could be prevented.
- Do not drive ATVs on paved roads.
- Do not allow a child under 16 to drive or ride an adult ATV.
- Do not drive ATVs with a passenger or ride as a passenger.
- Always wear a helmet and other protective gear.
- Take a hands-on safety training course.
Take Knowledge to the Extreme with these videos that remind riders training is key to riding safely.
Go to the ATV Safety Information Center for ATV-related recalls, reports and statistics.