This recall involves all Madewell Sightseer sandals from the spring 2015 collection. Sandals with the following 10 style numbers and names in all sizes are being recalled:
- C0275 Sightseer Knotted Slide Sandal
- C0276 Sightseer T-Strap Thong Sandal in Black Leather
- C0277 Sightseer T-Strap Thong Sandal in Metallic Colorblock
- C0278 Sightseer Buckle Gladiator Sandal
- C0279 Sightseer Slide Sandal
- C1105 Sightseer Crisscross Sandal
- C5893 Sightseer T-Strap Toe-Loop Sandal
- C5895 Sightseer Ankle-Wrap Sandal in Shiny Silver
- C5897 Sightseer Lace-Up Sandal
- C6090 Sightseer Ankle-Wrap Sandal in Metallic Sand
The style number is located on a sticker on the outsole.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled shoes and contact Madewell to return them for a full refund.
The firm has received eight reports of metal shanks dislodging and breaking through the bottom of the outsole. No injuries have been reported.
Madewell stores, online at madewell.com, online at shopbop.com from February 2015 to July 2015 for between $60 and $80.
Madewell Inc., of New York, N.Y.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of thousands of types of consumer products. Deaths, injuries, and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $1 trillion annually. CPSC’s work to ensure the safety of consumer products has contributed to a decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 40 years.
Federal law bars any person from selling products subject to a publicly announced voluntary recall by a manufacturer or a mandatory recall ordered by the Commission.
For lifesaving information:
Please use the below phone number for all media requests.
Phone: (301) 504-7908
Spanish: (301) 504-7800