This recall involves all Madewell Sightseer sandals from the spring 2015 collection. Sandals with the following 10 style numbers and names in all sizes are being recalled:
- C0275 Sightseer Knotted Slide Sandal
- C0276 Sightseer T-Strap Thong Sandal in Black Leather
- C0277 Sightseer T-Strap Thong Sandal in Metallic Colorblock
- C0278 Sightseer Buckle Gladiator Sandal
- C0279 Sightseer Slide Sandal
- C1105 Sightseer Crisscross Sandal
- C5893 Sightseer T-Strap Toe-Loop Sandal
- C5895 Sightseer Ankle-Wrap Sandal in Shiny Silver
- C5897 Sightseer Lace-Up Sandal
- C6090 Sightseer Ankle-Wrap Sandal in Metallic Sand
The style number is located on a sticker on the outsole.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled shoes and contact Madewell to return them for a full refund.
The firm has received eight reports of metal shanks dislodging and breaking through the bottom of the outsole. No injuries have been reported.
Madewell Inc., of New York, N.Y.
Note: Individual Commissioners may have statements related to this topic. Please visit www.cpsc.gov/commissioners to search for statements related to this or other topics.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risk of injury or death associated with the use of thousands of types of consumer products. Deaths, injuries, and property damage from consumer product-related incidents cost the nation more than $1 trillion annually. CPSC's work to ensure the safety of consumer products has contributed to a decline in the rate of injuries associated with consumer products over the past 50 years.
Federal law prohibits any person from selling products subject to a Commission ordered recall or a voluntary recall undertaken in consultation with the CPSC.