This recall involves the following models of inline skates purchased since September 2009.
- Spark Pro, Men's (SKU# 00792200816), Black
- Spark Pro, Women's (SKU# 007923007E2), Anthracite (Grey)
- Spark 80, Men's (SKU# 00702800956), Black
- Spark 80, Women's (SKU# 007029009A6), Anthracite (Grey)
- Spitfire, Boy's (SKU# 00705500741), Black
- Spitfire, Girl's (SKU# 007056007Y8), Silver
- Spitfire S, Boy's (SKU# 00705700956), Black
- Spitfire S, Girl's (SKU# 007058009A7), Anthracite (Grey)
- Spitfire LX, (SKU# 00705000955), Silver"
Consumers should immediately inspect all wheel-axle and frame-mounting bolts to ensure that they are properly tightened. Rollerblade USA recommends regular inspection and tightening of bolts. After wheel-axle and frame mounting bolts are inspected and tightened if needed, products are acceptable for sale & use. Video instructions on bolt tightening and maintenance are available atwww.rollerblade.com"
Rollerblade USA has received 31 reports of loose bolts, including one report of a fall resulting in minor injuries that required medical attention."
Sporting goods stores nationwide and on the Internet from September 2009 through July 2010 for between $80 and $160.
Rollerblade USA, of West Lebanon, N.H."
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of thousands of types of consumer products. Deaths, injuries, and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $1 trillion annually. CPSC’s work to ensure the safety of consumer products has contributed to a decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 40 years.
Federal law bars any person from selling products subject to a publicly announced voluntary recall by a manufacturer or a mandatory recall ordered by the Commission.
For lifesaving information:
Please use the below phone number for all media requests.
Phone: (301) 504-7908
Spanish: (301) 504-7800