AUGUST 16, 2013
In addition to its work with China, Hong Kong, and Southeast Asia, CPSC pursues cooperative activities with key stakeholders in a number of other jurisdictions in the East Asia – Pacific region. In Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan, we cooperate with regulatory partners and train manufacturers on U.S. product safety requirements. In 2012 CPSC hosted a foreign training exchange Fellow from the Australian Consumer and Competition Commission and has extended this opportunity to regulators throughout the East Asia-Pacific region.
Selected East Asia - Pacific Activities:
- CPSC and ACCC Warn of Poison Dangers with Liquid Laundry Packets
- In late July 2012, CPSC staff discusses injury prevention and health issues with the Bureau of Health Promotion in Taiwan (Photo on Flickr).
- CPSC staff meets with the Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection in the Ministry of Economic Affairs in Taiwan in late July 2012. The two regulators exchanged experiences in ensuring consumer product safety (Photo on Flickr).
Resources from CPSC & Foreign Partners:
- Product Safety Australia
- Product Safety New Zealand
- Korean Translation of U.S. Requirements: Please note that translations of U.S. laws and regulations offered by non-U.S. government sources can be helpful but should not be relied upon as authoritative. Check the original English text before making decisions on matters of law.