The Program: The Chairman’s Circle of Commendation Award recognizes people and groups who have contributed in an important way to the benefit of consumers by directly and significantly reducing deaths, preventing injuries, and improving consumer product safety. The award program focuses on individuals in organizations, businesses, state and local government and other groups. Awards will be presented annually, and nominations will be accepted from members of the public as well as CPSC employees. Self-nominations and anonymous nominations will not be accepted.
Nominations: Those submitting nominations are asked to consider the following questions when selecting a nominee:
- How, and to what extent, has the individual, organization or business contributed to improving consumer product safety?
- What are the recent and past accomplishments of the nominee in the advancement of consumer product safety?
- In what ways have consumers benefitted from the efforts of the nominee to advance consumer product safety?
- Has the nominee made contributions in support of CPSC’s mission?
- What additional, relevant information should be considered by the panel?
Number of awardees: The Chairman has sole discretion to present awards to one or more of the candidates nominated.
The Process: Please complete the nomination packet clearly in black or blue ink. The packet consists of a form (pdf), descriptions of the nominee and the nominee’s work and other supporting materials. Then send the packet to CPSC.
Deadline: Nominations must be received on or before Sept. 30, 2014. Submissions will be considered by a panel of CPSC staff. Recommendations for finalists will be presented to the Chairman by the review panel. The Chairman will assess the recommendations and make final selections for the award. Award recipients will be announced and the awards will be presented at a date to be determined.
The CPSC Chairman’s Circle of Commendation Award is not an endorsement of any individual, organization, company, service or product.
Nominations: Submit nominations to:
Chairman’s Circle of Commendation Award
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
4330 East West Highway, Suite 725
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Applications also can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.