Five Cinco de Mayo Facts:
- Celebrates the legendary Battle of Puebla in Mexico on May 5, 1862.
- Often confused with Mexican Independence Day.
- Important connection to the first years of the American Civil War.
- Now a celebration of diversity in the U.S.
- An occasion for all Hispanic Americans to learn about five lifesaving resources from CPSC.
The new and improved CPSC website gives easier access to a variety of safety alerts, recalls, safety videos, tips and news. Look at the Safety Education Centers to go in-depth on safety for such topics as cribs, poison prevention and magnets. Get free safety guides to share with family, friends and your community.
To keep track of CPSC recalls and safety information in real time follow us on Twitter.
4. Spanish YouTube Channel:
To see and share safety education videos in Spanish.
5. Neighborhood Safety Network:
If you serve Latino families in your community, please join the NSN. This free program sends out posters and timely messages to get safety information into the hands of underserved communities. The language and design of our materials are tailored to the Hispanic community.
CPSC works to make every community in the United States safer. Spanish-speakers, Latino media and those serving the Latino community help us save lives by spreading the word on safety.