CPSC makes the following database information available to businesses and software and application developers. The data, which is available here, is provided in XML and dates back to 1973. Details on how to search the dataset are available in our documentation (pdf)
- Recall Number: The first two digits are the fiscal year and the last three digits are the recall number. The last three digits start at "001" for Recalls and "500" (through Fiscal Year 2008) or "700" (starting with Fiscal Year 2009) for Recall Alerts.
- Company: Contains the name of the manufacturer, importer, distributor, retailer, and/or brand. See the Find Recalled Products by Company page for more information.
- Country/Administrative Area of Manufacture : See the Find Recalled Products by Country/Administrative Area of Manufacture page for a listing of countries and administrative areas in the database.
- Recall Date: The date the recall was issued.
- UPC: The UPC number, if included as part of the recall announcement. NOTE: Searching by UPC will not necessarily provide reliable or accurate results.
Note: The online recalls database does not contain the all of the information available on a recall announcement.