|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 24, 2008
Firm's Recall Hotline: (888) 309-0299
CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908
TV Stands Recalled By Studio RTA Due to TV Tip-over Hazard
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Name of Product: TV Stands
Units: About 48,600
Distributor: Studio RTA, of Pico Rivera, Calif.
Manufacturers: King Pao Enterprise Co. Ltd. and Studio Link Corp. Ltd., of China
Hazard: The stability of the stands does not meet industry standards to prevent TV tip-over, posing a risk of injury or death to consumers.
Incidents/Injuries: None reported.
Description: This recall involves four different TV stand models. Model numbers are printed on the packaging and instruction’s sheet.
- “E Series” Model 060331: The product consists of two glass shelves, a lower shelf made of metal, and black leg and frame components.
- “Fierro” Model 402875: This product was sold exclusively by Best Buy. The product consists of three glass shelves with black leg and frame components.
- “Madison DLP” Model 060176: The product consists of three glass shelves with dark wood grain finish frame components, black legs, and a black fiberboard back panel.
- “Madison 3000” Model 060090: The product consists of three glass shelves with dark wood grain finish frame components, black legs, and a metal mesh back panel.
Sold by: Best Buy (model 402875) and other retailers nationwide from May 2004 through August 2008 for about between $220 and $260.
Manufactured in: China
Remedy: Consumers should immediately remove the TV from the stand and contact Studio RTA to receive a free repair kit.
"Madison 3000" TV Stand
Model 060176 – “Madison DLP”
Model 402875 – “Fierro” TV Stand
Model 606331 – “E Series” TV Stand
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of
thousands of types of consumer products under the agency’s jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries, and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the
nation more than $1 trillion annually. CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical or
mechanical hazard. CPSC's work to help ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters and household
chemicals -– contributed to a decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 40 years.
Federal law bars any person from selling products subject to a publicly-announced voluntary recall by a manufacturer or a mandatory recall ordered by the
To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury go online to www.SaferProducts.gov or call CPSC's Hotline at (800) 638-2772 or teletypewriter at
(301) 595-7054 for the hearing impaired. Consumers can obtain news release and recall information at www.cpsc.gov, on Twitter @OnSafety or by subscribing
to CPSC's free e-mail newsletters.