U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
4330 East-West Highway, 4th Floor
Bethesda, MD 20814
By Metro to the Bethesda Station
From downtown Washington: Take the Red Line train marked Shady Grove or Grosvenor to the Bethesda station. Allow about 30 minutes.
From points North of Bethesda: Take the Red Line marked Glenmont or Silver Spring to the Bethesda station. Allow about 15-30 minutes, depending on distance.
From Reagan National Airport: Take the Yellow Line to the Gallery Place-Chinatown station or the Blue Line to the Metro Center station, then transfer to the Red Line marked Shady Grove or Grosvenor to the Bethesda station. Allow about 45 minutes.
At the top of the long escalator, turn right and go through the pedestrian tunnel, through the glass doors, up the short escalator, and out the doors in front of you. You'll be on East-West Highway. Turn right and walk about 2 blocks to CPSC's offices -- in the last of three very large white office buildings -- on your right (4330 East-West Highway). Take the elevator to the 4th floor to the Guard Station.
By Car/Shuttle Service from Reagan National Airport. (Allow about an hour during non-rush hour.)
- Take the George Washington Parkway to I-495 (Capital Beltway).
- Exit South to Wisconsin Avenue (also called Rte. 355/Rockville Pike) into downtown Bethesda.
- Get in the left lane and pass the major intersection of Wisconsin Avenue, Old Georgetown Road, and East-West Highway. (You can't turn left onto East-West Highway; it's one-way.)
- Turn left at the next intersection onto Montgomery Avenue. Keep in the left lane and bear left when the road splits at East-West Highway.
- CPSC's offices will come up very quickly on your left (look for very large white office buildings). Turn left into the driveway and follow the signs to the underground parking garage.
- Take the elevator in the North tower/building to the fourth floor to the Guard Station.